Office for Victims of Crime Training and Technical Assistance Center
OVC TTAC is the gateway to current training and technical assistance for victim service providers and allied professionals who serve crime victims. Our aim is building the capacity of victim assistance organizations across the country in three primary ways:
- Through a variety of training and technical assistance opportunities, OVC TTAC can support your professional development, enhance services to the community, and reach underserved victims of crime.
- We use a variety of tools–surveys, stakeholder discussions, evaluations, and feedback forms–to assess the needs of key constituencies and identify resources to meet those needs.
- We continually monitor customer satisfaction and measure the effectiveness of our training and technical assistance activities over time. Evaluation gives OVC data that informs the development of future training and technical assistance and provides the assurance that OVC TTAC remains state-of-the-art.
OVC TTAC draws on the expertise of a network of consultants and seasoned victim service professionals with first-hand experience in designing and delivering customized responses to satisfy a variety of training and technical assistance needs.
From this comprehensive database of experts, we can provide developmental support, mentoring, and facilitation to assist you in your program design and implementation, strategic planning, program management, evaluation, quality improvement, collaboration, and community coordination.
To improve your capacity to serve crime victims in your community, here are some ways OVC TTAC might work with you:
- Provide skilled trainers with specific subject matter expertise for your upcoming training event or speakers for your conference to help raise public awareness about crime victim issues.
- Conduct an organizational needs assessment and design a targeted response through training, technical assistance, or peer support.
- Develop a basic evaluation strategy for determining your program’s effectiveness, tracking performance, and measuring successful client outcomes. You may also find the online Strategic Planning Toolkit and program management resources useful for organizational management.
- Strengthen advocacy programming that helps assure equal justice for victims and produces a positive, sustainable impact.
Mass Violence and Terrorism Toolkit
Incidents of mass violence and terrorism—bombings, mass riots and shootings, hijackings, bioterrorism attacks, and other human-caused disasters—present unique challenges to the communities in which they occur. These incidents require a coordinated, cross-sector approach among federal, state, local, and tribal governments; private entities; and nonprofit organizations to drive an effective response. Although community crime prevention efforts […]